Senior Software Engineer (m/f/d)
Sedimentum is a Swiss Health-Tech startup which designs its own IoT sensors, software, and machine learning (ML) algorithms to protect vulnerable individuals and provide peace of mind to their loved ones. Our focus is on seniors who increasingly live alone and are at risk of health-threatening emergencies (e.g., falls) which often go undetected. We believe that current technological solutions addressing this trend are insufficient, stigmatizing or simply out-of-date. For this, we drive innovation through our custom-manufactured hardware sensors, which can sense human motion without the need to be worn, and the development of novel algorithms to detect emergencies and call for help automatically.
Are you interested in working on a meaningful product where you can help save lives, while working with a modern Tech-Stack? Are you looking for a position where you can have a direct impact on our products and thus the well-being of our customers? Then keep on reading.
We are scouting for Senior Software Engineers (m/f/d) who are interested in working on our market-ready product, where you will be responsible for further designing and developing our app and backend services. The product is powered by a custom-built system which consists of IoT devices/sensors deployed in private homes, our data processing cloud-platform, Android/iOS app, and machine learning models running in real-time.
Location: Office in Cham (Zug, Switzerland) and home office available
Working hours: flexible
The challenging activities require a degree in computer science and proven professional experience with production-grade systems.
Available areas of responsibility
- Drive the design and development of our Frontend (Ionic/React App) and participate in further improvements for our Backend architecture (Microservices)
- Develop thoughtful and maintainable code to provide novel features for both internal and external customers
- Ensure our data pipeline scales to process the large quantity of data produced by our sensors in the field
- Take charge of projects end-to-end from conception to production deployment. You will interface with members of the DevOps, ML and Business teams
- Ensure our service availability to fulfill customer SLAs
- Proactively shape and improve our development practices to continually enhance the developer experience
- Become a mentor to junior members of the team
- You have a degree in Computer Science or a similar degree
- Experience with developing, deploying, and maintaining production-grade software systems
- Experience with Python (Django knowledge is a plus), Java Script (preferably Typescript) and Frontend frameworks (React)
- Experience with Code Versioning (Git) and CI/CD technologies
- Experience with containerization technologies (e.g., Docker)
- Experience with container orchestration (e.g., Kubernetes) is a plus
- Experience with real-world machine learning systems in production is a plus
- Entrepreneurial thinking, high degree of personal responsibility and solution-oriented approach to work. Things can change fast at a startup, so a high degree of flexibility is required
- You care about code quality, problem solving, testing and teamwork
- Ability to quickly prototype ideas / solutions and use creative approaches for solving complex problems
- Proficiency in English (internal communication is in English) and EU/EFTA work permit
What we offer
- The chance to work in a startup environment
- Work on a meaningful product that includes a large variety of technical challenges ranging from IoT Fleet management to Big Data / ML and Android/iOS App development. You will have a real impact on our customers’ wellbeing
- Diverse and exciting tasks with short decision-making procedures. You can actively shape our product and the direction of the company
- We provide performance-oriented compensation and equity ownership
- Regular team-events (game nights, common lunches, monthly company get-togethers with food and drinks, etc.) and of course the free coffee and snacks in the office
Please send your documents to our hiring pool: email@example.com
We will get in touch with you once a position is available.